Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Crazy Few Months



Written December 17, 2013

Well, the last few months have been pretty crazy. A lot of the expected has happened. Morning sickness in the beginning, getting bigger and gaining weight, constantly having to pee.... Yes, it's joyous. Something else has happened that was a little unexpected as well. A lot of you know this but about a month ago I went to the hospital with stroke-like symptoms. It was one of the scariest things that has ever happened in my life. I take that back, it was probably THE scariest moment in my life. But really, in that moment, I wasn't even that concerned about myself. I was worried about my baby. If whatever was going on was going to cause me to lose my baby or have serious side-affects on him/her, I would be devastated. I couldn't imagine that.

About two hours after this had started happening my body became functional and I could think clearly again. During that time they had done tests on me and concluded that I had not gone through a stroke but that I had a benign tumor in my brain. At this point they don't know much about it since they cannot give me they dye they use for the MRI. They think that some of it may have been caused by being pregnant with how blood gets thicker and probably added factor of being dehydrated. They also could see some calcium around the tumor so they think that I've had the tumor for awhile.

The news of this is a little shocking to me. You never think that you will be "that person." I have accepted it though. It is A LOT better than it could have been. I thank God every day that it wasn't a stroke or even cancer and I pray that I don't have another "episode" like the last one.

The best thing after this all happened was going and hearing the heartbeat and then shortly after seeing an ultrasound of our baby. It is a little miracle. Even at 13 weeks you can see a little human forming. How anyone could give that up is be crazy. It is nice to be able to see your child since at that point you can't really tell that they are there. They joy that I felt when seeing my baby.... I would think that it is a joy that only a mother or father feels towards her child. My heart swelled with happiness and excitement (and a little nervousness too.) :) It is amazing what God can do.






No comments :

Post a Comment